Friday 5 October 2012

Colour-ringed Blkwit

While carrying out the same BTO WeBS count, where I saw the colour-ringed Great Black-backed Gull discussed in the last blog post, I noticed, that amongst a flock of around 550 Black-tailed Godwits, one of them was also colour-ringed.

It had two coloured rings on each leg, one of which was inscribed with "8".  Again I reported it via www.ring.ac and I heard back from the appropriate co-ordinator within a few days.

This particular bird was ringed in Iceland by Tómas Gunnarsson and co-workers. I will update the blog if I receive any further information on the bird.

Please excuse the quality; these were digi-scoped using my phone!
 


For more information on WeBS, click here.

You can find out a bit more about the Whitehouse Lagoon by clicking here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment